02 January 2007

Predictions...

First of all a very happy New Year to all readers. I have taken a short holiday to do some work in the house and will be following the exchanges a bit more closely again as of today. At the end of each year, there are usually quite a couple of stock competitions online, of which I would like to mention my picks. The first one is the annual mining competition at golddrivers, where you choose ten junior mining stocks that will make up your portfolio for the year to come. I've selected ten interesting mines, some of which are currently in my 'real' portfolio, too. These are the following:
  1. Franklin Mining Inc (FMNJ.PK)
  2. Canadian Arrow Mines Ltd (CRO.V)
  3. Odin Mining & Exploration Ltd (ODN.V)
  4. Consolidated Gold Win Ventures (CGW.V)
  5. Canasil Resources Ltd (CLZ.V)
  6. Noront Resources Ltd (NOT.V)
  7. Silver Wheaton Corp (SLW.TO)
  8. Yamana Gold Inc (AUY)
  9. Searchgold Resources Inc (RSG.V)
  10. Exeter Resource Corp (XRC.V)
There is a second mining competition that is very interesting two follow, which you can find at www.edelmetaal-info.nl. In this competition, five mines must be selected. Hence, I selected from the above top 10 numbers 3, 4, 5, 6 and 9 (in bold). The third competition is one that I've set up end 2005, but which has now been taken over by Dr Money. This is a competition where you are to select your favourite five Dutch stocks. I'm very thankful that Philippe helped me last year, as it was simply too time consuming to keep the competition up-to-date. Now of course I would like to thank DrMoney for organising the DFT Top5 Competition 2007. My top five Dutch stocks for 2007 are the following:
  1. ABN Amro
  2. Aegon
  3. Hagemeyer
  4. Qurius
  5. TNT Post
The first two I have selected based on their potential roles in the consolidation of European financials. I selected Hagemeyer based on my previous posting, Qurius based on a successful turnaround towards profitability (I might cover this pennystock shortly) and TNT Post based on its attractive p/e. Last year, I ended in the top five. Now I am going for the big price! Finally, I would like to wish everyone a lot of luck & wisdom for 2007. May all your wishes come true and may your trading account grow substantially! Update: In my top 10 list for golddrivers.com, I changed Taseko and Rubicon into Silver Wheaton and Exeter Resource Corp. The competition will commence on January 15th.

No comments: