24 January 2007

DRDGold: Time to take a chance

A little while ago, I wrote a column on DRDGold and mentioned that I put DRDGold on my watchlist. Main reason for this was that the South African mining company had seen so much going wrong in one year, that it had to turn at a certain moment. All production halts and small disasters should now be priced into the stock and I am therefore writing a couple more lines now. Basically, I feel that DRDGold has almost bottomed out now and a chance can be taken to buy at the current prince of USD 0.83. There is quite a lot of support around USD 0.75 and stoplosses can therefore be placed below that level. In my opinion, it is just a matter of time until better news arrives and the technical picture looks sound enough to buy. Speculative buy with a price target of USD 1.10 in the first half of 2007.

No comments: