08 March 2007

Two weeks of absence...

Tonight I will be travelling to Asia for business and I will be away for two weeks. Chances that I will be able to find the time to post some words are minimal and therefore you are likely to see two weeks of silence. However, I will be back in time to provide you with an end of March update on my favourite stock picks, my 'green picks' and my 'mining picks'. Knowing that I might not always be able to trade in the coming two weeks, I had to rearrange my portfolio a little bit. As such, I sold Euro Ressources at a loss (1.05 (1.23)) and Yamana Gold at a profit (14.35 (9.78)). I bought BCON at $0.89, URZ at $4.48, ELR at $9.73, ORM.IE at EUR 0.185 and RNO at $3.27. I kept all my other mines in my portfolio as well as my long position in gold with an automated stoploss at $624. This might seem somewhat risky, but I am confident that gold has bottomed and that from here the direction will be upward. One thing you might have noticed is that I am adding alternative energy stocks to my portfolio. I was a previous holder of ESLR and I am still a great fan of this solar energy company. Thankfully, I sold at $15 previously and had the chance to get in at a much lower price. I expect the previous high to be taken out in 2007, but more about this when I return. Till we meet again!

No comments: