26 February 2007

Enter DRDGold, Exit Gold Reserve

The past few months have been very good for my portfolio. With a ROI of 62% since September, it's certainly been the best five months ever. But the months from April until September were not particularly good, which has once again taught me a lesson about the importance of timing - even in a secular bull market. Today, I decided to sell GRZ at $4.87 (purchased at $4.05; it is still in my list of stock picks for the long run) and use the money to benefit from the improved technical picture of DROOY. In addition to the technical picture, the fudamental picture looks brighter, too. DRDGold subsidiary Emperor Mines announced on Friday that it saw a significant increase in its mineral reserves at its Porgera Mine. A statement on the update of DRD Gold's reserves can be expected in the near future. As far as I can see, this is the first significantly positive news in years after having seen the stock plummet to a price below one Dollar. I added DROOY todat at $0.87. Price target remains $1.10 for 2007, which I hope to see in the first quarter of 2007 on rising metals prices.

No comments: